[swift-evolution] Selector for current method

Rudolf Adamkovič salutis at me.com
Sun Nov 13 17:50:06 CST 2016

Hi there!

in Swift 3, we now have #selector and #keyPath yet there’s still no _cmd like we have in Objective-C.

Example:

class DirectoryListingStub: DirectoryListing {

    var cannedOutput: [Selector: Any?] = [
        #selector(contentsOfDirectory(at:includingPropertiesForKeys:options:)): nil
    ]

    dynamic func contentsOfDirectory(at url: URL, includingPropertiesForKeys keys: [URLResourceKey]?, options: FileManager.DirectoryEnumerationOptions) throws -> [URL] {
        let selector = #selector(contentsOfDirectory(at:includingPropertiesForKeys:options:))
        return cannedOutput[selector] as!  [URL]

Problem: I had to specify #selector twice.

I though I’d be able to use #function but:

#selector = contentsOfDirectoryAt:includingPropertiesForKeys:options:error:
#function = contentsOfDirectory(at:includingPropertiesForKeys:options:)

It’d be great if #selector (without arguments) returned the current selector.

Or am I missing something?

R+