[swift-evolution] gyb template for ZipSequence

Alexander Momchilov alexandermomchilov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 21:24:30 CST 2016

This stack overflow question <http://stackoverflow.com/q/40517760/3141234> asks about using zip with more than 3 sequences. I referred the OP to the generics manifesto <https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/master/docs/GenericsManifesto.md#variadic-generics>, which describes the (current) lack of varadiac generics, which prohibits the ability to express (in pure Swift) the ability to write ZipSequence for an arbitrary number of sequences.

I wrote up a (rough) gyb template for creating ZipSequences. <https://github.com/amomchilov/ZipNsequence/blob/master/ZipNSequence.swift.gyb> Is there any interest in adding something like this to the stdlib?

- Regards,
        Alexander Momchilov