[swift-evolution] Promises, Futures and the death of the callback hell

Florent Vilmart florent at flovilmart.com
Mon Oct 31 11:28:37 CDT 2016

I promise I'll spec some things out before Spring if this is something we want part of the language. I don't want it to have a sub-par implementation like Nodejs and forcing devs to monkey patch with Bluebird-Swift of so...

--
Florent Vilmart

Le 31 octobre 2016 à 11:52:57, Xiaodi Wu (xiaodi.wu at gmail.com) a écrit:

It's not up to me to promise anything :P
On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 07:29 Jeremy Pereira <jeremy.j.pereira at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 29 Oct 2016, at 01:47, Xiaodi Wu via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Async and related topics are deferred until the spring; I would imagine promises fall into the same basket.

So you are promising that we will discuss futures and promises in the future…