[swift-evolution] [swift-dev] SE-0047 - Defaulting non-Void functions so they warn on unused results

Robert Widmann devteam.codafi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 13:09:27 CDT 2016

If the methods return a reference to self it indicates that you should probably just chain expressions together rather than using a big wall of statements (Smalltalk encourages the same pattern, funnily enough).

As for the rest, yeah Swift is opinionated.  Every language is opinionated.  We just happen to care about being safe by default.

~Robert Widmann