[swift-evolution] stored properties in extensions (was: associated objects)

Charles Constant charles at charlesism.com
Fri Oct 14 22:09:16 CDT 2016

+1 for me for "in-module" as a stop-gap, since I imagine it would be the
quickest, and least disruptive, way to make this happen.

I would add the caveat that if we do so, I really hope we commit to making
stored properties available *everywhere* later.

Even though it's more often than not "in-module" where I need this, the
fewer "exceptions to the rule" we have in Swift the better. It gets tricky
trying to plan things out when one has to juggle too many features that
work in one context, but not another.

So +1 with the hope that it doesn't stay "in-module" till the end of time.