[swift-evolution] private & fileprivate

Jamie Lemon jl at contagious.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 03:35:48 CDT 2016

I agree with Ted that I would have expected the inner members of a class to be private by default. (Not a big deal if I have to explicitly prefix most of my concerned vars now - but it is just different to what I would have expected). Certainly, in the past, I would be more used to having to explicitly define chosen vars as “public” ( e.g. in the past world of Objective C I  was used to defining selected vars with @synthesize to “open them up" )