[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Adding a `mutate` clause to computed properties and subscripts

Tim Vermeulen tvermeulen at me.com
Tue Oct 11 06:42:03 CDT 2016

Oh, I see. I’m not sure about the dictionary one, that probably depends on whether the `Dictionary` type could use this addition to make member mutations O(1). The other example probably wouldn’t benefit from replacing the setter by a mutator, as there’s nothing to gain here - the implementation is already optional. This is exactly why `set` shouldn’t be removed from the language :)

`mutate` wouldn’t be able to replace each and every setter, but there's a lot of situations imaginable where it can.