[swift-evolution] [Pitch]Building a limited framework to develop Android Apps in Swift 3.0

Tony Constantinides constantinnovationsinc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 14:08:01 CDT 2016

Ok,
 I was trying to follow the evolution process which states to "discuss your
idea on the mailing lists" before i begin work on it.That is what I am
doing. If you feel this work is not part of swift-evolution I shall bother
this group no longer.  You have to remember I am very new to interfacing
with the Swift team hence the cautious approach. I do realize this is a
proposal and not a pitch and I am prepare to provide a great many more
details in a proposal. If you wish to point me to another swift mailing
list then please do so. If you feel this a "third party lib" then tell me
where it slots in. In other words be helpful and not react like a teen age
girl.
  Of course I will begin development of this feature on github and give
talks to my local developer group. When I create a github with this
framework I going to have to add a licence.  Making the software
copyrighted to my company and not link to the swift.org project in any way
seem odd to me. Not my idea of "open source" or contributing to a "major
open source project". You state that the Swift community members have spent
a great deal of time and effort in getting getting Swift to even build on
Android. Congrats! I here to take it to the next level.
 If there is Swift community interest the code will be free via open
source. If there is none and judging by the response from the developers in
my "Bay Area Android Developer meetup group" that hard to believe then I
make it it commercial software to be sold.
 Many thanks in advance.
Sincerely yours,
Tony Constantinides