[swift-evolution] private & fileprivate

Vladimir.S svabox at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 06:00:17 CDT 2016

On 07.10.2016 11:24, Haravikk via swift-evolution wrote:

>> On 7 Oct 2016, at 07:39, David Hart via swift-evolution
>> <swift-evolution at swift.org <mailto:swift-evolution at swift.org>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello community,
>>
>> From all the proposals which has gone into Swift 3, *[SE-0025] Scoped
>> Access Level* is the only one I’m having second thoughts about. Before
>> launching a discussion around it, I’m curious to know if it's worth
>> discussing it or if the “ship has sailed”. As the plan is to allow future
>> versions of Swift to break source-compatibility in certain rare
>> scenarios, perhaps we have a chance to reconsider certain proposals?
>>
>> Regards,
>> David.
>
> What in particular don't you like about it?
>
> Personally I still don't like the use of fileprivate as the keyword, I was
> very much in favour of a bracketed system like:

FWIW, I fully agree with you and I do believe your suggestion just much
better than current status quo. It is much clearer what private(module)
means than 'internal' and private(scope) than just 'private', private(file)
is 1000% better than fileprivate ;-). Currently IMO names are not
consistent : if we have 'fileprivate', then we need 'scopeprivate' and
'moduleprivate'.. but these are just ugly(just like fileprivate ;-) )
IMO