[swift-evolution] [Proposal draft] Conditional conformances

Dave Abrahams dabrahams at apple.com
Mon Oct 3 14:34:17 CDT 2016

on Mon Oct 03 2016, Alexis <abeingessner-AT-apple.com> wrote:

> Below I’ve provided a more fleshed out version of what Dave is
> suggesting, for anyone who had trouble parsing the very hypothetical
> example. It reflects the kind of implementation specialization I would
> expect to see in the standard library.

Thanks, Alexis.

Doug and I talked this morning and fortunately I think we came up with
something rational that will support the kind of specialization we want
without any hoop-jumping.  It basically involves precomputing the
overload lattice and filling witness tables dynamically based on the
conformances that are statically visible at the moment they are
instantiated.  We'll post more detail soon.

--
-Dave