[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Refactor Metatypes

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Fri Sep 30 05:18:13 CDT 2016

I’ll join the conversation tomorrow. Thanks to Brent for his huge contribution. :)

Just a quick side note:

Moving from T.Type and T.Protocol to Type<T> and Subtype<T> would also allow us to finally reuse and correctly nest our custom Type and Protocol types.
struct A {
   struct Type {}
}

A.Type() // <— Yeay
This proposal also aims to fix the problem with generics where any protocol metatype was converted to P.Protocol.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail