[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0143: Conditional Conformances

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Thu Sep 29 20:46:14 CDT 2016

> 	• What is your evaluation of the proposal?

This is a massively important and must-have feature.

However, I'm dismayed by the size and complexity of the "detailed design" section. There are a *lot* of little nooks and crannies to this proposal. How certain are we that we've identified all the potential problems? Has this been prototyped?

> 	• Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?

Hell yes.

> 	• Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

Definitely. The standard library has been begging for this for years.

> 	• If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

N/A.

> 	• How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

Quick reading, backed by lots of prior discussion on the list.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies