[swift-evolution] draft proposals should be easier to find

Jay Abbott jay at abbott.me.uk
Wed Sep 28 11:12:37 CDT 2016

Maybe my wording and use of the word 'proposal' is all wrong. I still think
there's an issue that could be addressed though. Don't get me wrong - I
think the level of documentation available on swift.org about the community
process, different streams (evolution/dev/etc.) is all fantastic, still it
can be improved. This is one of those issues that it's very difficult to
see as an issue at all from the inside. I think just knowing that a
particular subject is being discussed - even if it's not a concrete or even
a draft proposal - would help people, a) to not waste their own time and
that of the list with duplicate ideas; and b) to feel more comfortable
about getting involved. Maybe an ideas board that people can +1 or -1 would
help instead - or at least keep poorly researched discussion at bay?