[swift-evolution] [proposal draft] new syntax to access a given case's payload

Robert Widmann devteam.codafi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:26:48 CDT 2016

I can solve the last one!  You often want phantom types in Swift, and they can be had albeit a bit unsafely with a "sealed conformance" to a common protocol and a set of no-case (for phantom types) or single-case (for singleton types) enums.  This this you can do terrible things like create type-level Nats https://gist.github.com/CodaFi/7bb3bd00f04a9b26fd71 and things indexed by them like Fin or even recover light dependent pattern matching with type(of:).

~Robert Widmann