[swift-evolution] class/struct inner member access scope classifier

Jay Abbott jay at abbott.me.uk
Tue Sep 27 18:12:56 CDT 2016

If a submodule doesn't provide self contained functionality then it
shouldn't be a submodule, and if it does then it might as well be a
separate module. I think submodules would discourage small granular module
development and composition at a larger scale, it would discourage making a
clean public interface for the module which might make them more reusable
and testable. Also of course it would mean more keywords/syntax/classifiers
to manage it which makes things more complicated (unnecessarily in my view).

But I haven't really thought much about potential advantages... what are
they?