[swift-evolution] Mark protocol methods with their protocol

Martin Waitz tali at admingilde.org
Tue Sep 27 10:11:18 CDT 2016

Hi,

Am 2016-09-27 16:51, schrieb Dave Abrahams via swift-evolution:
> The cases where you find these kinds of exact collisions are so rare
> (never in my career) that it's fine if some manual work is needed.

I agree that such accidental collisions are quite rare (especially with
the Swift way of naming methods which makes it quite easy to describe
the semantics of the function).

However, I draw some other conclusion from it: I don't see why I should
have to explicitly name the protocol in my methods. The method name is
enough already to match it to the protocol.

We shouldn't complicate our language just for obscure cases where
protocols accidentally collide.

--
Martin