[swift-evolution] [Late Pitch] Deprecations, Moves, and Renames

Björn Forster bjoern.forster at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 9 03:43:44 CDT 2016

I think he is pointing out that in
https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/master/stdlib/public/core/Integers.swift.gyb
there is the FixedWidthInteger protocol, which is part of SE-104.
Also, there is
static func doubleWidthMultiply (line 392)
and
static func doubleWidthDivide (line 394)
but then only
public static func doubleWidthDivide (line 589)
and there is no
public static func doubleWidthMultiply
anywhere in the file.
If the static func doubleWidthMultiply in line 392 exists, shouldn't there
be a public static func for it, too?
Why is there this asymmetry regarding multiplication and division?

Sincerely,
Björn