[swift-evolution] [Idea] Further directions for id-as-Any

Will Field-Thompson will.a.ft at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 12:02:48 CDT 2016

This might be useful for some cases, but I have some concerns about tying
serialization to this. I would rather see a Swift-centric rethinking of
serialization than having the runtime dynamically register Objective-C
classes anytime I want to serialize something. Plus, that seems like it's
leaving Linux users out in the cold for serialization — although I'm
primarily a macOS/iOS user, so maybe there's something I don't know about
the corelibs Foundation implementation.

Will Field-Thompson