[swift-evolution] Proposal: Local identifier for the newValue in didSet and willSet blocks

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Sat Aug 27 04:16:44 CDT 2016

I believe this is just a ‘nice to have’ shortcut. I wouldn’t mind to have this:

willSet(newValue, oldValue)
didSet(newValue, oldValue)
$0 for newValue and $1 for oldValue
It’s nothing for phase one, so we’ll have to defer this until next year where we’ll start talking about sugar/additional features for Swift 4.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail