[swift-evolution] Swift Package Manager 3.0 Project Status

Keith Smiley k at keith.so
Tue Aug 23 20:43:19 CDT 2016

I'm hoping that swiftpm never really has to deal with the complexities of code
signing and related problems like entitlements. But at the bare minimum it would
need to be able to create dynamic frameworks, optionally including resources
such as strings files or xibs, for consumption by your main app target.

I don't think we're too far away from this but that would need to happen first.
I would be happy to use swiftpm more like Carthage than CocoaPods. So as long as
it could create your frameworks and you could set them up in your project one
time this would totally be usable.

--
Keith Smiley