[swift-evolution] Allow trailing comma in guard, if-let, et al

Rick Mann rmann at latencyzero.com
Fri Aug 19 16:20:14 CDT 2016

> On Aug 19, 2016, at 10:26 , Karl Wagner <razielim at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Guard wouldn't work, because the "else" is usually on the same line as the last element.

Not in my coding style.

> Perhaps the answer is better commenting in IDEs? So if you select a region and hit CMD+/ Xcode will comment with /*...*/ instead of sticking a // in front of the whole line.

I hate having to rely on an editor to have features implemented to work around inconveniences in the language. Having said that, it's the fairly standard macOS behavior of triple-clicking to select an entire line, and then dragging up or down, that prompts some of my coding style (that encourages things to be on their own line).

Fitz's law means it's a lot easier to triple-click and select a whole line than it is to select just part of a line.