[swift-evolution] InternalString class for easy String manipulation

Shawn Erickson shawnce at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 14:51:11 CDT 2016

I would also like to understand the perceived problem for first time
programmers. To me first time programmers would be working with string
literals ("hello world"), string literals with values in them ("Hello
/(name)"), doing basic string concat, using higher level API of string to
do and find things in a string, etc..

I think indexing into a string is actually a complex programming task and
usually is the last thing you want to be doing outside specific problem
domains.