[swift-evolution] A unified error handling mechanism?

Jose Cheyo Jimenez cheyo at masters3d.com
Sat Aug 6 14:36:04 CDT 2016

Hi Fernando,

Some projects use a result type to unify the error handling. https://github.com/antitypical/Result <https://github.com/antitypical/Result>

There has been discussions about this and Chris L thinks that we may get a native (constrained) result type at some point.

https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-evolution/Week-of-Mon-20160125/007858.html <https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-evolution/Week-of-Mon-20160125/007858.html>
https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-evolution/Week-of-Mon-20160125/008057.html <https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-evolution/Week-of-Mon-20160125/008057.html>

I can see a future where these get unified but the main issue imo is cocoa compatibility.

Probably swift 5+

Cheers!,
J. Cheyo