[swift-evolution] [swift 4] static libs/modular code, fixed-size arrays, ref/pointer to structs, pointers, numeric types.

Manav Gabhawala manav1907 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 11:46:45 CDT 2016

> > I investigated tuples a bit, it's close. The one thing I'd need is being able to index the values using a variable. The tuple.i notation apparently doesn't work (or I did not try hard enough). Also, for low-level things that will be mapped to GPU memory, precise/predictable/settable alignment is needed.

This might be a bit hacky but I just wanted to point out there exists a way to index into tuples.  You can use the Mirror(reflecting: tuple).children syntax. You can loop over the values of the tuple and even though a bit awkward you can even use indices to index into the children.

Regards,
Manav Gabhawala