[swift-evolution] [Swift4] Mailing list vs. Forum

Felipe Cypriano felipe at cypriano.me
Tue Aug 2 17:02:47 CDT 2016

I think this thread should focus on the mailing list vs forum, Slack is
not a forum. It could be nice to have it as an extra if we need it.

It looks to me that all benefits of a mailing list can be achieved by a
forum system with excellent support to read and reply using emails. But
the opposite is not true, one single simple example: we can't even link
related thread using email (as Tino mentioned on the Gmane thread).