[swift-evolution] [Discussion] Breaking precedence

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Mon Aug 1 17:06:51 CDT 2016

Not a bug. `(1 as Int/3) as Double` is a type error, because you can't
cast Int to Double that way, so in order to resolve the types in this
expression the 1 and 3 end up inferred as Doubles as that's the only way
to make the output compatible with `as Double`.

In other words, with this example, the precedence doesn't
actually matter.

-Kevin