[swift-evolution] [Swift4] Priorities and Sugar

Ian Partridge ian at poncho.org.uk
Sat Jul 30 03:42:13 CDT 2016

On 30 July 2016 at 02:33, Chris Lattner via swift-evolution
<swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
> I’m personally convinced that we don’t get to great string processing without regular expressions (as one
> example), but they are clearly out of scope for Stage 1.

Foundation already has NSRegularExpression. Do you mean that the
stdlib could potentially duplicate Foundation functionality? If so,
what are the implications for Foundation (and
swift-corelibs-foundation)? Does this also mean that other "stringy"
functionality could arrive in the stdlib, for example a Swifty JSON
serializer/deserializer?

Best wishes,

--
Ian Partridge