[swift-evolution] [Swift4] Priorities and Sugar
erica at ericasadun.com
Fri Jul 29 18:26:35 CDT 2016
Things I'd like to see:
* On the Swift Evolution repository site, a wish list from core engineers, with a précis for each topic, a priority estimate, and contact information for the team (which can be none through "willing to mentor"). Using a central document is key. Placing requests on-list means they get lost within a day or two and cannot be updated in one place.
* At the same time, I'd like to see regular posted updates on-list (announcement, or evolution) about the bigger picture goals: for example, neglected items that need some contributor love
* A way to submit pitches for early design review intervention on a regular calendar, so pitches without legs get cut off early and mercifully, and traffic is reduced.
* A deferred proposals folder where people can place low-priority (for example, "sugar") items, to clear them from their heads, from the pull queue. Add in some structure for discussion, whether on a separate swift.org pipermail list, on github, or on-list using a well-specified tag that can be filtered out for those who need more on-topic bandwidth.
* Swift-academy outreach for those of us who can code but fall somewhere between starter bugs and full contribution.
More information about the swift-evolution