[swift-evolution] Arrays and variadic parameters

Alexandre Lopoukhine superlopuh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 04:46:26 CDT 2016

Hello all,

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, or what the status of the issue is as of Swift 3, but I was wondering why there is no option to call a function that takes a variadic parameter argument with an array. Seen as the parameter essentially becomes an array, and is used as such in the function, I think that adding the ability to call it with one directly could be useful, with few downsides. This will, for example, allow you to use the built-in `min` and `max` functions on arrays.

WDYT?

– Sasha