[swift-evolution] End of source-breaking changes for Swift 3

Austin Zheng austinzheng at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 16:47:41 CDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Ted F.A. van Gaalen <tedvgiosdev at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Austin, thank you, please see inline
> ?
> I have explained this many times before, didn’t I?
>
> Its removal causes a very crucial limitation/change in the way
> one writes programs, So writing about this for;; subject is
> very, very different from long discussions like those about
> allowing a comma at the end of a list or not…
> because removing the for;; has a very heavy impact.
>
> Furthermore, IMHO the decision to remove the for;; was based
> on very subjective loose and partly irrelevant criteria.

I don't care how good your reasons are, the fact of the matter is that it
was extensively discussed, a decision was made, and it is now a done deal.
Please remember that these are high-traffic lists that many people
subscribe to; complaining about the C for loop is a waste of everybody's
time. At the very least, please respect the process and put together a
proposal that we can all discuss, instead of asking Chris or whoever to
step in and make an exception because you don't like it.

Austin