[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Accepted with Revision] SE-0177: Allow distinguishing between public access and public overridability

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Wed Jul 27 19:45:42 CDT 2016

Other than warning on open methods in non-open classes, I can’t think of a good way to avoid this and still preserve the rest of the testing model. After all, @testable allows you to override internal methods too.

(Just to make things clear, @testable only applies to the current file, so it’s possible to have a single test bundle with both black-box and glass-box tests, as long as they’re in different files.)

Jordan