[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review #3] SE-0117: Allow distinguishing between public access and public overridability

Davor Jankolija djankolija at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 09:43:20 CDT 2016

I have to agree with what Scott said. At this point it really does seem a bit rusked just to meet the Swift 3 deadline. There will certainly be breaking changes in Swift 4, 5 etc… so although I understand the reasoning to get as many of these into Swift 3, IMO now it’s just trying to rush the proposal at the cost of perhaps more discussion.

P.S.
I’m entirely in favor of the idea and reasoning behind the proposal and feel that a way to prevent all classes being subclassable even if they’re declared public is a worthwhile notion.

— Davor