[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0127: Cleaning up stdlib Pointer and Buffer Routines

Charlie Monroe charlie at charliemonroe.net
Sat Jul 23 01:19:47 CDT 2016

Ok, I'll update the proposal to withdraw the change of inout for withUnsafePointer.

Under the discussion for the pull request, Bob mentioned possible removal of the multi-pointer variants (i.e. withUnsafe[Mutable]Pointers) - is this something that you'd agree on?

If so, I'd add this to the proposal since I agree that this is an API that is rarely used, can be used by nesting two withUnsafe[Mutable]Pointer calls and is limited to three pointers at max anyway. It almost feels like NSAssert1, NSAssert2, etc.