[swift-evolution] [Revision] [Pitch] Rename `T.Type`

David Hart david at hartbit.com
Fri Jul 22 01:49:19 CDT 2016

> On 22 Jul 2016, at 01:41, Xiaodi Wu via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> 1. A consolidated section--which can be on the brief side--on the current art (i.e., how do things currently work?). Some information is already present, but the prose is not possible to follow unless one is already an expert in the area. Please start each paragraph with a topic sentence leading into an explanation in English, not just code, of the current behavior. Perhaps you could used (attributed) quotations from existing Swift documentation if necessary.

I specifically agree with this point. I regard myself as a knowledgable Swift developer, but metatypes have always been a bit fuzzy for me, which refrained me from commenting on the proposal. If instead, the proposal tried to explain as succinctly as possible the current situation and its defects, I’m sure I’d have a higher chance of understand the problem at hand and commenting on it.