[swift-evolution] [Review #2] SE-0117: Default classes to be non-subclassable publicly

Goffredo Marocchi panajev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 13:23:25 CDT 2016

Sent from my iPhone

> On 19 Jul 2016, at 15:36, Andre via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Agreed, and I'm ironically reminded of the old days (as a barely conscious human being) where everyone was poopooing objective-c [...], interface builder is weird, oh and those square brackets what are those etc etc...

Ironically we are back to the same dismissive attitude when taking about Objective-C now it seems lol, history does likes cycles sometimes ;).

I am in favour of Swift taking chances, but throwing away with disgust everything which is not the brand new hope does a major disservice to the achievements and productivity the previous instruments bring and the lessons they teach.