[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0119: Remove access modifiers from extensions

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Sun Jul 17 04:09:01 CDT 2016

Because extensions are not types.
They are still bound to the type you extend. IMHO they should obey the access rules types follow, but we don’t want to debate this anymore. It won’t ever happen.

I don’t think that attacking people for their whining and laziness is very constructive. Please respect people the same way you’d want them to respect you.
But attacking me and how I wrote the proposal in terms of eliminating the default access modifier is constructive? I don’t fell that way. Arguments about laziness are still contra productive in any manner.

I am one of those who’d like to keep them. Not out of “laziness”, but because it helps when re-reading code: it helps structure code into those access level extensions.
See, this is whole different argument and more technical than the laziness I was talking about.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail