[swift-evolution] Proposals: (1) Forbidding custom `==` for value types, (2) `dispatch` keyword, (3) `default`-result for methods with `Self`, and (4) Poor-Mans-Existentials

Johannes Neubauer neubauer at kingsware.de
Sat Jul 16 09:30:50 CDT 2016

In order to prevent false-negatives for reference types, I would like to add a 5th. point to my proposals:

5. Identity (i.e. `===`) should be checked even for reference types upfront and only if it returns `false` the custom `==` function of the developer is executed. This way you cannot implement an equals operator, that says two objects are **not** equal although they are the very same instance.