[swift-evolution] [swift-dev] Endgame for Swift 3

Greg Titus greg at omnigroup.com
Sat Jul 16 01:53:07 CDT 2016

> On Jul 15, 2016, at 10:35 PM, Patrick Pijnappel via swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Isn't half of this done, or something? I seem to remember seeing code about it, and I think there may even be a hidden switch to enable what is there.
>
> The parsing code seems to be in place, toggled by the flag Context.LangOpts.EnableProtocolTypealiases:
> https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/master/lib/Parse/ParseDecl.cpp#L2080
>
> Is this still blocked by support elsewhere?

With the EnableProtocolTypealiases flag turned on, some (most?) of this is done. You can see the tests in test/decl/typealias/protocol.swift along with the remaining FIXMEs. Slava has cleaned up my attempts at it. :-) The last commit (a09986f) in this area is him saying "This will be more generally useful once I fix a few more issues in name lookup”.

	- Greg