[swift-evolution] [Discussion] Seal `T.Type` into `Type<T>`

Anton Zhilin antonyzhilin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 15:15:52 CDT 2016

Okay but do we need public initializer at all?

I think it’s more elegant than factory methods. Plus:

I see what you meant - COW optimized type like Foundation types.

Yes, it will be an implementation detail like in Foundation types. But here
we need it for singleton pattern, not for COW.

I’d put this into the alternative section so the core team can decide how
to implement it (if this gets accepted).
I’ll prepare a second implementation gist for this suggestion. Feel free to
update the proposal for both versions.
I’m to tired right now, I’ll do it tomorrow. It seems that we’re almost
there. Maybe we can PR tomorrow so the review will kick off ASAP.

OK, I will prepare the proposal tomorrow morning and add both versions.
Community will help during review period.
​