[swift-evolution] Optional comparison operators

Charlie Monroe charlie at charliemonroe.net
Tue Jul 12 02:58:10 CDT 2016

An example to keep in mind:

let dict: [String : String] = ...
if dict["key"] == "value" { // String? == String
	// Do something
}

If I understand correctly, when the proposal is accepted, you'd need to do something like:

if let value = dict["key"], value == "value" { }
-- OR --
if dict["key"] == Optional("value") { }

It's not an end of the world, but makes life a bit more difficult and such usecase should be kept in mind.