[swift-evolution] [Accepted] SE-0111: Remove type system significance of function argument labels

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Mon Jul 11 04:47:39 CDT 2016

I don't remember any "Accepted"-announcement that had such a large thread ;-)
Afair from the original discussion, there is nothing inherently wrong with labels — it's just that they are handled in a suboptimal way.
Assuming that the "board" made an informed decision, it's probably better to accept 0111 and start a proposal for a new implementation of labeled closure parameters… maybe I'm to naive, but I hope that after Swift 3 those labels will return (accompanied by tuple-splat and currying ;-)