[swift-evolution] [Accepted] SE-0111: Remove type system significance of function argument labels

Austin Zheng austinzheng at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 01:24:06 CDT 2016

> On Jul 10, 2016, at 11:16 PM, David Owens II <david at owensd.io> wrote:
>
> Unless you really want to try and get parameter name syntax changed to match your example:
>
> func doResizeB(image: Image, completed(original:resized:): (Image, Image) -> Void)

This is what I had in mind. You would be able to name a value of function type (whether it be a local variable, function argument, or property) with either a simple name (in which case there would be no labels at all), or a compound name with as many semicolons as arguments. Would you have any objection to this?