[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Introduce continue to switch statements

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 01:11:35 CDT 2016

switch fourSidedShape {
case rhombus:
// do some rhombus-specific work
if parallelogram ~= shape { continue }
// do some other rhombus-specific but parallelogram-inapplicable work
fallthrough
case rhomboid:
// do work the slow way
// applies to all rhomboids including rhombuses unless parallelogram
/* implied break */
default:
// now we're left with parallelograms (including rectangles and squares)
// but in the case of non-rect parallelograms,
// some preparatory work has been done above
// do remaining work the fast way

}