[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Variadics as Attribute

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Fri Jul 8 04:42:15 CDT 2016

I'm not sure if the timing of this proposal is coincidence (I recently revived a discussion to remove variadics), but although I stated variadics are not that important, I like this idea much better than the "…"-syntax which looks like a carryover from C…

"@variadic" is not only more explicit, but the proposal also enhances variadics:
I don't remember the details, but there has been a discussion about variadic functions that may alternatively called with an array; afaics, this capability is even extended by allowing other containers as well.

Sadly, I doubt it will be possible to incorporate this change into Swift 3, so I have to propose something I just mildly criticized:
Deprecate variadics now, but add them again later as outlined here.

Tino