[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0117: Default classes to be non-subclassable publicly

Aditya Krishnadevan aditya at adityakd.me
Thu Jul 7 18:01:27 CDT 2016

I agree with everything James has to say here. Making classes
non-subclassable by default is not optimal.
A lot of fixes for small bugs in UIKit involve using a subclass that
overrides at method or slightly modified behaviour as a temporary patch
until the issue is fixed at the framework level.
Preventing this *and* introducing a new keyword simply adds to the
complexity without bringing too much to the table.

Aditya Krishnadevan.

On 06-Jul-2016, at 6:03 PM, James Campbell via swift-evolution <