[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0117: Default classes to be non-subclassable publicly

Leonardo Pessoa me at lmpessoa.com
Wed Jul 6 15:16:24 CDT 2016

Scott, I think your writing got a bit confuse but, if I got your
intention right, since you are the owner of the class, you may choose
to subclass it or not internally, no questions asked. I need no finals
in my apps and I only subclass if I intend to. If you are in control
of your own code, why would you need to ensure there would be no
subclassing/overriding? I'm not opposed to keeping the keyword if it
is important to anyone to be sure of that for internals. As for what
is public you will gain better control of what other people do to your
classes and methods.