[swift-evolution] Removing Variadic Parameters.

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Wed Jul 6 14:57:07 CDT 2016

> I believe variadic parameters are useful in a range of situations and
> I use them myself a lot.
Can you talk about concrete examples? Because Objective-C had no variadic messages, it's natural that the feature isn't utilized in Cocoa, but I doubt that it is used by many native Swift libraries either.

I'm the last one to take away something that doesn't hurt, but so far, several (in my opinion) useful features have been removed with the option to reintroduce them later — and at least tuple splat really had unique aspects (compared to variadics, which are just a small dose of syntactic sugar).