[swift-evolution] Proposal: Deprecate optionals in string interpolation

James Campbell james at supmenow.com
Tue Jul 5 09:14:44 CDT 2016

What would be a better alternative is the ability to have a String Format
Token that would unwrap a value, like so

let string = String(format: "http://%?/", url)

None is unwrapped to "http:///"
Some is unwrapped to "http://myurl.com/"

I think this would be a good trade off rather than having to do an awkward
guard dance, make your code unsafe with force-unwraps or end-up with
"Optional()" in your string.

*James⎥Head of Trolls*

*james at supmenow.com <james at supmenow.com>⎥supmenow.com <http://supmenow.com>*

*Sup*