[swift-evolution] Public classes with private superclass

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Mon Jul 4 07:31:08 CDT 2016

I'm running into "class cannot be declared public because its superclass is internal" issues on a regular basis, and I wonder if it wouldn't make sense to allow this combination:
It might be less useful as soon as there are abstract classes or generic protocols, but even then I think I'd like to have this "feature".

Inheritance can be such a private thing ;-), so imho there should be an obvious way to hide it (marking all init-methods internal works, but I don't think this is a good way to express the intention).

Tino