[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0115: Rename Literal Syntax Protocols

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Sat Jul 2 00:28:12 CDT 2016

> 	https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0115-literal-syntax-protocols.md

Frankly, every name mentioned in that proposal basically sucks, including the old name, the new name, and all of the alternative names. I'm currently thinking about `WhateverLiteralCandidate`, `WhateverLiteralSyntax`, or `WhateverLiteralCompatible`, but those probably suck too. Kind of depressing, really.

Maybe we should just get rid of literals and have people write the raw bytes of the instances directly in their source code. That'll work, right?

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies